Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cotto comments on Margarito! "He should never step into a boxing ring again"

WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto has commented on the news that Antonio Margarito was found to have elements of plaster of Paris in his handwraps before his bout with Shane Mosley. “I understand that Margarito not only played with my health but he played with health of many boxers,” said Cotto. “Only God knows. I have received punishment in my career but I never had my face swell like in that fight. In the heat of the fight I didn’t feel the punches, but my face didn’t say that. I understand that one year of suspension is not much for the kind of unsportsmanlike act that Margarito presented against Mosley. He deserves the same suspension as trainer Panama Lewis. He should never step into a boxing ring again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment