Monday, April 6, 2009

Arslan injured; Huck fight off!

Former WBA cruiserweight champion Firat Arslan from the Spotlight Boxing Team has had to pull out of his May 9th European title shot against Marco Huck of the rival Sauerland Event Team due to an injury to his left foot. Arslan suffered a stress fracture in the foot back in January that seemed to have healed, but the foot has not responded well to the demands of a full training camp and a continuation of his pre-fight preparations was not possible. “Until recently I had hope that this injury was healed up and I could fully get through the preparations for the fight against Marco Huck. Now, however, I have a medical training ban and need to ensure my future health. I hope that the injury completely heals and then I can line up the next title chance. I’m very sorry for my fans. They have given me so much encouragement over the last few months and everyone was cheering me on for the fight against Marco Huck. I’m sure that I’ll come back very soon and be ready to box Marco for the title!”

No comments:

Post a Comment