Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Carl Moretti joins Top Rank!

Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank, announced today the hiring of boxing veteran Carl Moretti as Vice President, in charge of Boxing Operations. “We are ecstatic about Carl joining the Top Rank family,” said duBoef. “He’s a great fit for the company. He understands Top Rank’s goals and will be a huge asset in helping to achieve them. Most of all, Carl is just plain good and I can tell you right now, Top Rank is already the better for signing him.” Moretti, 48, of North Arlington, NJ, has been in the boxing business for 23 years, starting as an assistant matchmaker at Madison Square Garden’s boxing department, followed by stints as Vice President at Main Events and DiBella Entertainment. Carl and his wife Judy have two daughters, Katie, 17 and Colleen, 11. “I’m going to miss working with the gang at DiBella Entertainment, they’ve all been great. And Lou, well, he’s a man’s man and I thank him for everything he has done for me. He realized Top Rank was offering me an incredible opportunity and he gave me his blessing the second I discussed it with him,” said Moretti. “I’ve known everyone at Top Rank for a long time and I look forward to being in the same corner with them. Bob and Todd have a vision I believe in and I look forward to making that vision a reality.”

No comments:

Post a Comment