Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Juanma responds to Penalosa!


WBO junior featherweight champion Juan Manuel ‘Juanma’ Lopez (24-0, 22 KOs) is well ahead of schedule in training as he preparation for his title defense against WBO bantamweight champion Gerry Penalosa (54-6-2, 36 KOs). Lopez released the following statement upon hearing Penalosa’s comments that Lopez will suffer the same fate as former world champion Jhonny Gonzalez who was knocked out by Penalosa. “There is no comparison between his fight with Gonzalez and the fight he is going to have with me. Gonzalez is right handed and I’m a southpaw for one. Also, Gonzalez was well known to have been struggling to make the 118 pound weight limit for the fight with Penalosa whereas I make 122 pounds very comfortably. I respect Penalosa’s power but I’ve been in with strong fighters as well such as former world champion Daniel Ponce De Leon, who I defeated to win my world title. Penalosa is a come forward type of fighter which works perfect for me. I’m going to fight my fight as normal and fully expect a spectacular victory for me,” said Lopez. Lopez-Penalosa takes place on April 25th at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, and is promoted by The fight card is being promoted by Top Rank and PR Best Boxing (Ivan & Peter Rivera).

No comments:

Post a Comment